Description: Discover seven techniques that will aid you on your quest to making yourself a priority, so you can get your head and heart back in the game to reclaim your passion!
MM534 – Making Yourself a Priority
Hello, everybody, and welcome to this week’s episode of Motivate Me!
It’s Me! Time where we are working on coming back from flat.
Before we start, let’s get into the right headspace. Let’s engage in the idea that this is “Me! Time” – where YOU are the priority.
Let’s sit in that idea for a second.
Let’s take two slow, deep breaths. Inhale some fresh air, exhale the old.
Understand that everything you want to do is only a decision away.
OK, let’s prepare for today’s focus.
Today’s Focus: Making Yourself a Priority
Some of us are more familiar with this idea than others. Some of us struggle with this more than others.
Let’s take a deep dive into what making yourself a priority looks like:
1. Decide and commit (Listen to this episode to hear what this looked like for me.)
2. Prepare Others and Require Support
3. Take Responsibility for Your Own Happiness – But Not for Others
4. Envision Where and How You Will Make Yourself a Priority – this Includes Mental and Physical Space
5. Making Yourself a Priority is not Selfish – This is a Gift to Self and Others
6. Take Your Time: Create and Protect Your Mental and Physical Space
7. Set Boundaries to Gain Self-Respect and Prevent Resentment
Visit the motivatemepodcast.com website to get connected to our Motivate Me! with Lynette Renda Instagram or Facebook, as well as our private Facebook group: Motivate Me! Support Group. I would like to leave you with this final thought: Setting boundaries is a form of self-respect. When you respect yourself, so will others. This will not only make you feel valuable, it will help you find your value.